Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May!

Welcome to the last month of spring 2012, everyone! To some this means that the elusive summer vacation time is almost here (if this is you: stay in school as long as humanly possible--it’s difficult to find jobs that take two to three months off). To others, including some friends of mine, it means graduation time--congrats/I’m sorry if that’s you (can you tell that I miss college?)!

To me, the month of May means a few things:
1. It’s almost the end of my allergy season so hopefully soon I can stop pumping my system full of Claritin!
2. It’s time to start gearing up for the summer reading program at my library. Always an exciting time, until it’s August and I’m up to my elbows in tie-dye, wishing for a quiet September. But from this end it’s always fun!
3. More time spent outside, drinking iced coffee in parks with . This spring has been severely lacking in this particular activity and I need to step it up before it becomes oppressively hot and I no longer enjoy spending any time outdoors.

Other than that, obviously more reading, reading, reading. I’m trying to compile a list of summer-y books to read this coming summer, so if anyone has a suggestion, I’d love to hear it! Drop me a comment with a favorite summer read of yours or one that you’re looking forward to reading in the coming months, if you are so inclined :)

What else is happening in May?

  • CITY OF LOST SOULS, book five in Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series, comes out May 8th! You know what that means--an excuse for me to re-read those books!
Still not a fan of this cover, can't wait to read it.
  • THIS IS SO NOT HAPPENING, the last book in the He’s So/She’s So trilogy by Kieran Scott, comes out TODAY! I’ve been waiting for this one since November! I suppose in the scheme of things, that’s not a very long time to wait, but still! There was quite a cliffhanger at the end of HE’S SO NOT WORTH IT and I’m super curious about what’s in store for all Ally, Jake, and the rest of their friends (and enemies now?).
  • The Avengers is coming to theaters this Friday! I’ve been severely lacking in the superhero movie department. It’s time to see a good one--and from what I hear, this is QUITE a good one. Joss Whedon’s involved, so how could it not be good?
  • Next week I’m going to see The Beach Boys reunion tour with the fam! Apparently they played something like 46 songs at their first show of the tour, so this should be a good one! I’ve seen the Beach Boys before, but never with Brian Wilson (or the ones who are no longer with the living). I’m looking forward to this one.
Happy May!

No comments:

Post a Comment