Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (24)

Top Ten Books for People Who Love Sarah Dessen:
When people ask me for teen recommendations at work, Sarah Dessen is usually the author they name most often as a point of reference for things they like. I present a list of contemporary, sometimes issue driven YA books for Sarah Dessen fans that want to branch out a bit!

1. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
3. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
4. Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt
5. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
6. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
7. The Key to the Golden Firebird by Maureen Johnson
8. How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr
9. Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
10. Going Underground by Susan Vaught

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful list! There are a couple on your list I haven't read, so I need to go investigate... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're all pretty great, but especially SOMETIMES IT HAPPENS, the Stephanie Perkins books, GOING UNDERGROUND and HOW TO SAVE A LIFE :)

      Delete
  2. Great list. Surprisingly I haven't read any Sarah Dessen. I have no idea how that's happened.

    I cheated on my Top 10 Tuesday post, but I hope you'll check it out anyway.

    New follower to your blog by the way.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a couple of Sarah Dessen books, and I love Anna & The French Kiss, so I might have to try out some others from this list! I have The Statistical Probability... from the library at the moment, waiting to be read, I'm hoping it will be as a good as I've heard!

    ReplyDelete